Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where's My Niche





I guess it's human nature to complain about the weather..............too hot (is there such a thing??), too cold, to wet, too dry.............on & on but it will get us no where fast........what happens just happens. It appears that my neck of the woods, Southside Virginia, has been hit with cold & snow once too many times. What happens happens!!

As I ponder my usefulness or lazy lack of............I'm wondering what artsy outlet to wonder into next. My heart is drawn to making jewelry but where is the market?? It seems too many people are making jewelry and I just can't seem to find that special niche. My husband tells me it's all about marketing. No market here. This is not a wealthy area therefore all the beautiful expensive lampwork I buy will not be crafted into a work of art to be sold. These beautiful little jewels will be touched, admired, awed and worked into tiny delicate pieces of art for ME. To share this love would be inspiring, to actually sell them would be humbling.

I believe for now as I soak in the sun & the wonder at all the left-over snow that my special niche is hidden somewhere waiting to explode.

If any of you share my love of creating your own art - I would love to hear from you.






No comments:

Post a Comment