Friday, July 29, 2011

HOTTEST SUMMER YET












Oh yes, this has been one hot summer with very little rain.  My garden is doing well in the heat thanks in part to my rain barrel with a little city water thrown in.

With all this heat the best place to be is inside - loving the AC.  South Boston has a few private pools which we did not join this year and we sold our boat so floating on the lake is a thing of the past.  We did try one of the lake's beaches but found them noisy and too crowded.........oh how nice it would be to be back living near the ocean - maybe one day soon. 

The way I'm beating the heat is by creating new "Little Jewel Hookers" with a few earrings thrown in.  I have a show at the Warwick Yacht and Country Club on Oct. 14th and hopefully another show in Nov. so I'm trying a new item, "Jewelry Roll-ups"..............most fun to make and an awesome travel case for all your jewels.  I'm making them in different sizes and colors..........all you do is stuff the pockets, roll and tie the cord around a cute button.  These are great for traveling but can be used to store your jewels at home.  I've worked long and hard with the help of my great sewing friend Chris and I'm hoping folks will enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed making them.

Pictured are a few new "Little Jewel Hookers" and a small sample of my "Jewelry Roll-ups."

Keep cool and enjoy the rest of the summer as we only have winter to look forward to.

Remember to support a local artist and be sure to contact me for prices and purchases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment