Thursday, January 12, 2012

Busy in the Winter



The nasty weather of winter and spending more time inside has my juices flowing. On top of that I've found Pinterest....genius and addicting. I find myself scrolling through the site for hours and pinning things I love or things I want to make.........not that I don't already have boxes of beauties I've made but creating something new is so exciting.

A friend showed me a pattern for making adorable Origami Lotus Bags and off I went. Several friends and family received them for Xmas with goodies inside. For some there were matching jewelry rolls. I loved making the puzzle piece bags as part of the sale of the material goes to support Asperger's research. My wonderful 7 yrs. old Grandson has Asperger's and he is amazing. He has more knowledge in his little head than most of us will ever have - the love of my life....therefore it was my pleasure to make these bags AND support Asperger's.

My goals for this 2012 year are many and if I accomplish only half of them I'll be happy. Declutter - I'm on my way....make new things...I'm on my way...lose weight by walking and cutting out the junk and fast food....well, no so much but there's still time. Most important is to stay close to friends and family and nurture these relationships. As I get older I find out how precious life is and how our time on earth can be over in a second. Cherish your friends and family.

As I make new things I will post them. Yes, I still have jewelry for sale along with my desk but it's time to move on for now and try new things.

Enjoy 2012 and support your local artist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment